A1 Lawn and Landscaping offers hydroseeding for a fast green lawn. Our hydroseeding blend of fertilizer and seed is specially formulated to Alaska's unique climate.
Hydoseeding Healthy Lawn Guide:
Click here to download printable version of this guide -pdf
The first 14 days of your new lawn are very important. Here are a few pointers to ensure your lawn becomes the envy of the neighborhood for its lush, green quality.
- Keep the lawn moist at all times. Frequent light sprinklings will achieve the appropriate level of moisture and avoid over watering.
- Watering should be done, preferably, in the early morning and late afternoon.
- Do not let the lawn dry out as the seedlings will die. However, it is also important to avoid over watering; too much water promotes fungus growth.
- Be sure to adjust watering according to hot or wet/cool weather. For example water more in hot and dry weather and less frequently during cooler periods.
- After the first couple of weeks, when the grass is about 1 inch tall, reduce watering to 2-3 times a week.
- 6-8 weeks after initial installation, the lawn should be fertilized with 8-32-16 to ensure healthy growth.
- When the lawn has reached a height of 4-5 inches it will begin to lay over on itself. At this time your lawn is ready for the first mow. You should use a sharp mover blade and bag the grass.
1 year standard warranty on hydro seed is void if lawn is not properly maintained as outlined in this guide.